As a service to the citizens of Madison County and surrounding areas, the Madison County Chancery Clerk's Office is proud to serve as a Passport Acceptance Agent in cooperation with the U. S. Department of State.
Passport Applications are available in our office located at 146 West Center Street on the Historic Square in Canton, Mississippi or may be downloaded at http://travel.state.gov. Please do not sign applications until you arrive in person in our office. For more information, please contact Jeff Luckett, Deputy Clerk at 601-855-5609 or Holli McCarra at 601-855-5640. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. Office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. No Appointment Needed!
In order to submit a proper Passport Application, the following documents must be presented to our office:
- an original or a certified copy of the applicant's birth certificate, previously issued U. S. Passport, or Certificate of Naturalization;
- a valid driver's license or other state-issued identification card;
- two (2) passport photos. For an additional fee of $10.00, our office can now make these for you while you wait;
- the proper fees as set forth below;
For children under age 16, both parents or legal guardians must appear before our office in person, and both parents must sign the child's application in front of a representative of our office. Both parents must submit a valid driver's license, passport, military identification card ,or other state-issued identification card. The child does not sign the application. However, for children 16 and over, the child must sign the application along with at least one parent. The consenting parent must submit a valid driver's license, passport, military identification card or other state-issued identification card. Our office must also be presented with an original or a certified copy of the child applicant's birth certificate, previously issued U. S. Passport, or Certificate of Naturalization, or a court decree establishing custody or guardianship. Passport photos and proper fees must also be submitted.
For a more detailed statement of requirements for submission of a Passport Application, please log on to http://travel.state.gov.
The Madison County Chancery Clerk's office will take and print passport photos while you wait. This service is optional and any other photos meeting U. S. Department of State requirements will suffice. For more information about passport photos and Department specifications visit http://travel.state.gov.
How Long Does it Take?
Using regular service, applicants should receive passports within four (4) weeks of the date of submission. Using expedited service, applicants should receive passports within two (2) weeks of submission.
Passports can be renewed by mail if:
- the applicant can submit his or her most recent U.S. Passport to the Department;
- the applicant was at least 16 years old when his or her most recent U.S. Passport was issued;
- the applicant's most recent U.S. Passport was issued less than 15 years ago; and
- the applicant uses the same name as was on his or her most recent U.S. Passport, or had his or her name changed by marriage or court order and can submit paper documentation to reflect that change.
If these requirements are met, renewals can be processed without having to appear in our office or at any other acceptance agency. Simply go to http://travel.state.gov and download form DS-82 "Application for U.S. Passport by Mail" and carefully follow the instructions on the form.
For more information, please contact Jeff Luckett, Deputy Clerk at 601-855-5609 or Holli Mcmarra at 601-855-5640. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or log on to http://travel.state.gov.