Message from Ronny
I believe that County Government is a business identical to any business in the private sector and its citizens are like stockholders of a corporation. Just as Officers of a business are accountable to their stockholders, it is Government’s responsibility to operate efficiently, frugally, responsibly, fairly, wisely, and honestly. The Chancery Clerk’s Office is the central ”Hub” for County Government- fostering communication within all of the Branches of Government to provide a more efficient use of Taxpayer Dollars.
We are in the process of implementing e-Recording for Land Records and Official Real Property. The submitter scans and uploads the document with assorted data-thereby allowing retention of the Original. Not only does this reduce the potential for lost documents, but these can typically be recorded and returned on the same day-at no cost to the taxpayer.
We are also the one stop shop for Passports. We can take the Passport Photo as well as process the applications (which we keep in stock). We provide regular or expedited service for you and your family, whether you are getting your first Passport or renewal. Please visit us on the Square in Canton.
I pledge to use practical Business principals in my management of your Office of Chancery Clerk.
Ronny is 62 years of age, and happily married to his wife, Dana. Together, they have four children and four grandchildren. He was raised in Jackson, MS., and is an active member of St. Matthew's Methodist Church.
Ronny attended Jackson public schools and graduated from Murrah High School. He earned a BA at the University of Mississippi, where he was also president of the Phi Beta Lambda business fraternity.
He currently holds positions in a variety of committees, including Mississippi Association of Chancery Clerks Legislative Committee; Member Property Records Industry Association; Member National Association of County Recorders; Member of National Conference of Republican County Officials; Secretary of Persimmon Burnt Corn Creek Water Management District; Secretary of Madison County Wastewater Authority; and President of the Rotary Club of Jackson.
- Lott Coffee Service
- Lott Vendors
- Lott Companies
- Lott Refreshment Service
- A-l Water Company
- A-l Coffee Service
- Capital Music Company
- Pla-Mor Music Company
- RWL Real Estate Holdings
Previous Private Sector Boards
- President Southern Refreshment Association
- President Elect National Coffee Service Association
Board of Directors
- Jackson Rotary Club (3 Terms)
- Amusement and Music Operators of America
- Downtown YMCA Board of Management
- Yellow Pages National Advertising Board
- National Coffee Service Association (2 Terms)
- Southern Refreshment Association ( 2 Terms)
- Clinton Community Theater
- Metro Jackson Chamber
- Vice-President Madison County Board of Supervisors
- Member Madison County Republican Party
- Life Membership Republican House Majority
- Republican Party Business Advisory Council
- Speakers Citizen Task Force Certificate of Merit
- National Vending Lobby to Washington D.C.
- Central Mississippi Planning and Development District Board of Governors
- Metropolitan Planning Organization Board of Commissioners
- Chairman Central Mississippi Workforce Board
- Madison County Long Range Strategic Planning Committee
- Chairman Madison County Healthcare Committee
- Board of Supervisors Budget Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Hinds County Reserve Deputy Sheriff
- Police Expert Marksman
- Northwest Rankin Athletic Association Soccer Commissioner
- Director Northwest Rankin Athletic Association Board of Directors (2 Terms)
- Jackson Futbol Club Board of Directors ( Terms)
- President Mississippi Seibukan Karate Association
- Vice-President United States Seibukan Karate Association
- Director Mississippi Karate Association (2 Terms)
- Coached Regional Championship Youth Soccer Teams (2)
- Managed State Champion Select Soccer Teams (4)
- Managed the JFC U-18 Boys-2nd place National Champions
- Black Belt Masters Division Seibukan Karate World Cup
- Black Belt Masters Division Seibukan National Championship
- Mississippi Karate Association Light Heavyweight Champion
- Mississippi Karate Association Heavyweight Champion
- Seibukan Karate Hall of Fame
- Coach for United States Team to the Okinawa World Karate Championships
- 4th Degree Black Belt