Madison County, Mississippi

Solid Waste / Recycling



Solid Waste

Madison County contracts with Waste Management for collection of solid waste in the areas outside of the municipalities.  Garbage and trash should be placed by the street in front of your house no later than 7 A.M. on your scheduled pick-up day.



For information on your pick-up day please click on one of the two links below or call 1-800-284-2451.

Click here for waste management information

Click here for waste management map



  1. Household garbage and trash.  All garbage and trash must be in a plastic or light-metal garbage can, bagged, or placed in a disposable cardboard or light wood box.
  2. Leaves, grass clippings, and other yard debris that is bagged or in a disposable box.
  3. Bundled, boxed or bagged tree trimmings and limbs not greater than five-feet in length and four-inches in diameter.
  4. Bagged deceased animals weighing up to 10 pounds.
  5. White goods such as stoves, refrigerators, hot water tanks, and washing machines.
    NOTE:  Any appliance with a compressor must be properly tagged for Freon removal before it can be picked up.


  1. Hazardous Waste, including motor oil, lead-acid batteries, gasoline, paint and non-dried paint cans, and any container containing commercial, farm, or household chemicals.
  2. Construction debris, includig building materials resulting from construction, remodeling, repair, or demolition work.
  3. Large pieces  of furniture or other similar items
  4. Large automobile or equipment parts
  5. Scrap metal
  6. Store furnishings


Please all 1-800-284-2451 with any solid waste pick-up questions or concerns.


For pick-up tree limbs and branches larger than five-feet in length and four inches in diameter, please call the Madison County Road Department at 601-855-5670.





Madison County has switched from curbside recycling to drop-off bin recycling.  Drop-off recycling bins are being placed at the following locations:

  • Yandell Road Fire Station, 114 Yandell Road
  • Southwest Fire Station, 141 Lake Cavalier Road
  • Stribling Road Fire Station, 520 Stribling Road
  • An additional location will be announced in the near future

Materials that can be placed in the recycle bins are paper, cardboad, plastics, and aluminum.  Glass is not allowed.

Please do not dispose of garbage, furniture, old mattresses, or animal carcasses in or around the recycling bins.

If you have a question about recycling, please call Madison County at 601-855-5503.


Click here for White Goods, Old Tires, and Motor Oil Disposal Sites.